Clear picture required for abstraction and encapsulation.
Pawan
2010-12-07 09:39:06 UTC
I need a clear picture of difference between encapsulation and
Abstraction in oops concepts.
Raghu V. Hudli
2010-12-07 10:08:13 UTC
Post by Pawan
I need a clear picture of difference between encapsulation and
Abstraction in oops concepts.
A google search would answer this question. Is there anything
specific you need clarification/explanation for?

Raghu
Daniel T.
2010-12-07 13:09:49 UTC
Post by Pawan
I need a clear picture of difference between encapsulation and
Abstraction in oops concepts.
I think Encapsulation is a more concrete notion of Abstraction, as such
the only real difference is that Abstraction is more broad (can be
applied in more contexts,) than Encapsulation.

As an anology, it's as if you are asking for the difference between a
Toyota Camry and a Car.
S Perryman
2010-12-08 20:56:53 UTC
Post by Pawan
I need a clear picture of difference between encapsulation and
Abstraction in oops concepts.
Encapsulation is primarily about how one organises and references
functionality (modules, classes etc) .

Abstraction is primarily about describing the essence of something,
without going into reams of detail (like the abstract of a literary
publication does) .

Tis notable that there are dictionary definitions of "encapsulate"
that are quite close to that of abstraction.

In ADT theory, the "holy trinity" are :

1. abstraction
2. encapsulation
3. information hiding

with :

- the concepts being orthogonal to each other
- 2 being a useful enabler/facilitator of 1/3

Regards,
Steven Perryman